Apply now for a free Cloud Migration Costing and Plan.
The rush to enable work-from-home and digital commerce this year is prompting organisations around the world to re-evaluate their cloud computing strategies. The conclusion many have reached is that the fast pivots and rapid transformations 2020 demanded of them would’ve been far easier had they been more in the cloud.
Now, enterprises are asking how they can prepare themselves for what Forrester calls the “new, unstable normal”. With the analyst group predicting that the global public cloud infrastructure market will grow 35% to $120 billion in 2021, it’s clear that cloud is a big part of the answer.
Indeed, most organisations simply would not have been able to ensure continuity during national lockdowns without using at least some cloud apps and infrastructure. For many, this has settled the debate once and for all about whether the cloud meets their needs in terms of uptime, security, regulatory compliance and economics.
Organisations have found that the cloud:
- offers flexibility as per changing needs
- provides solid disaster recovery
- enables automatic security and software updates
- saves the money they spend on hardware maintenance
- improves data security
- offers a company a competitive edge
More cloud, please
Most companies have some applications and workloads in the cloud. Yet many were planning for a longer and more orderly migration to large-scale cloud deployment before the pandemic accelerated their timetables.
As such, the question is no longer “Would my business be better off in the cloud?” but “What’s the best roadmap for my journey there?” And answering that question involves investigating several more:
- What is it going to cost to migrate?
- What do I stand to save if I move now versus fully depreciating my existing data centre investment?
- Which operations should I move first? All my operations or just some?
- What cloud deployment models should I use?
There are many moving parts in each of these decisions, and they’re not just about technology. A successful migration plan will factor in many different aspects relating to people, process and technology—from potential integration issues in a mixed multi-cloud/on-premises environment to the need to reskill the IT department to the challenges of business/IT alignment.
Cloud Migration Costing and Plan
Migrating your on-premises workloads to the cloud is a far from trivial operation. It’s not easy to know where to begin—but we are ready to help steer you through the process with our proven best practices. We offer a free Cloud Migration Costing and Plan so you can get a clear path to business value and a personalised cloud migration plan. You’ll receive:
- A detailed and accurate inventory of your virtual and physical server assets
- A customised report on the total cost of moving to the cloud
- A customised report on the total potential savings when moving to the cloud
- A detailed end-to-end migration plan at no cost to you
- Guidance to help you execute your migration plan
Is your organisation ready to make the leap? Click here to find out how we can make the decision and the deployment easier for you.