Legacy IT systems and applications are those technologies that are older than 10 years and that may not support your business’ or customers’ needs like before. These include systems, applications, software and hardware. While legacy systems may be vital technologies, most older IT systems and applications fail to meet the needs of a modern business. With DotModus: Legacy Link, you can keep using the tools and software your team knows, but still take advantage of cloud technology to run them faster and more reliably. In this post, we will discuss why legacy systems are still used and what benefits your business can gain from DotModus: Legacy Link.
Why are legacy systems still used by some companies?
There may be a number of reasons why businesses haven’t taken advantage of cloud technology. One reason we often encounter with our past clients is that they were concerned that operations would be disrupted. Another reason often cited is that employees already know how to use the system and transitioning to a new one will be met with resistance.
Why should we modernise our legacy system?
At DotModus, we have identified a number of benefits that come with linking legacy systems with the cloud. These include:
- Reducing time and money spent on maintaining legacy infrastructure.
- Maintaining compliance with data privacy and security requirements with protection against bad actors.
- Leveraging agile and innovative technologies that can scale up or down to meet current and future needs.
- Gaining a competitive advantage by leveraging a lightweight solution compared to your competitors.
- Experiencing greater performance, increased reliability and stability as well as fewer risks because of a system that functions better.
- Improving staff and customer satisfaction with better performance and user experience standards.
How do you do this?
While some of our clients have opted for complete replacement from on-premise systems to cloud-based systems, this isn’t the only option. One of the ways we can modernise your systems is by creating an orchestration layer between the legacy systems and the cloud. This facilitates communication between the two systems, creating a connection between the old and new systems. This allows you to take advantage of cloud technology without replacing your entire legacy system.
However, we never take a one-size-fits-all approach when modernising legacy systems. When evaluating what approach is best for your organisation we will consider what your goals are, how best to achieve them, and what needs to be modernised and what existing processes or systems can be accommodated.
Modernising legacy systems may seem like a daunting (and expensive) task, but with over 10 years of experience, we can confidently help you through the modernisation process. To speak to an expert, you can contact us on our website.